Happy 8th Anniversary


Last August 12, 2012, Melvs and I celebrated our 8th Anniversary and his birthday. More about his birthday celebration here.

Wow, can you imagine, we have been together for eight years!!! It seems like yesterday that we were just in college, studying together, exploring different places, hanging out with friends, having different plans for our future, him being an entrepreneur and me being in the corporate world. Time flies so fast I didn’t even realized that it has already been eight years since he asked me to be his girlfriend.




These past eight years weren’t easy on us. We had been through difficult times, we cried, we had misunderstandings and we even came to a point where we really didn’t know what we wanted and weren’t sure about each other anymore. I guess every relationship has their own share of pains. In the journey of love, some fails and some manages to survive.

Maybe one of the reasons why we are still in each other’s arms is because we held on to each other. We look for reasons to not let go. What’s good about our relationship is that we are our own teachers, we are the worst critics and the best fans of each other.

Melvs has his own ways of letting me know how he values, respects and loves me. Melvs spoils me with food, he would always drive thru Mcdo to buy me fries and coke float whenever I crave for it. He listens whenever I discuss my day at work over dinner, he would always make fun of me and bully me with words ( that’s his way of making lambing, he loves it when I’m pikon), he would patiently wait for me at the mall whenever I have waxing appointments, and nurses me whenever I’m sick ( an affectionate nurse there is ).



He has been patient on me through these years and even if I had caused him pain, he still chose to be with me. I know how hard he tried, and still trying, to change for me, to be perfect in my eyes. (I pity Melvs for having a super sensitive girlfriend like me, who pays attention to the simplest details).

We are a total opposite of each other in terms of attitude but we enjoy doing the same things. We argue even at the smallest things such as not texting, not making up the bed (most of time it’s me getting mad at him ). But we also know how to treasure simple things like holding each other’s hand while walking, eating Yakisoba while watching movies, window – shopping and never failing to kiss each other goodnight.


In our eight years together, we learned this from each other;

  1. Do not walk out on each other when arguing, walking out will not solve issues, it will just worsen it
  2. Resolve issues before the day ends so that we can sleep with happy hearts
  3. Do not raise voice on each other or curse each other because this will lessen the respect we have for one another.
  4. Learn how to be submissive. If one of us gets angry, the other should definitely keep quiet.
  5. Apologize. I need not explain.
  6. Speak and Listen. Always speak out when there’s an issue, be it small or big. And make sure to listen, this will help solve conflicts and make each other feel better.
  7. Respect each other’s opinion.
  8. Always make each other fall in love everyday


Melvs has always been there for me, he never let go even when there’s so many reasons to. He has loved me despite my imperfections. I can definitely say that I’m so lucky to have Melvs in my life. He has been my wise teacher, my partner in crimes, my best friend, my worst critic, my greatest fan and most of all, my loving partner whom I share a beautiful daughter with.

We’ve been through a lot together, and we could not have done it without each other. I do not just value the years we spent together, what I value more are the lessons we have learned along the way, the journey we made to get to where we are right now as a couple, its priceless.


I guess what I’m trying to say is everyone has their own heartbreaking stories, but look at the brighter side, it doesn’t matter how long or how short your relationship is, what matters is how s/he has made a contribution to how you grow as a person. Be it a bitter or sweet ending, always be grateful of that person you once had in your life, hold on to the good memories, cause believe me, you’ll be thanking him/her for making you the perfect person for the one destined for you.


Comments