Welcome Home Mikay

Mikhaila had pneumonia few weeks back, and for her to be able to recover fully (which means, complete rest, 24 hour supervision and NO VISITOR allowed), I sent her to her Lola's house where hospitals are near by, and her retired lola could monitor her 24/7.

She was gone for more than a week, and the house was very lonely and gloomy without her. And so, before I fetched her from her lola, I asked her Ate to buy some balloons,  make a "welcome home" banner, and invite 2 of her cousins to hold it so Mikhaila will feel missed, loved and surprised.

Mikhaila felt a sleep on the way to our house, so when we reached home, I had to wake her up and she was really annoyed. Half a sleep, I piggybacked her. As I opened the door, turned on the lights, everyone shouted "welcome home Mikay!", (my dad had the loudest voice, and he was the only adult there). Mikhaila took time to process things, and while she was doing so,  everyone kept telling her that they missed her.



I'm so glad that Mikhaila was able to build such relationships with her cousins and neighbors, and I'm thankful for these kiddos because they make Mikhaila's childhood memories happy and memorable. 

I'm always going be appreciative of the people who loves my daughter so dearly. To the kids, her Ates and my daddy, thank you for spending a minute of your time, for staying in the dark until we get in, for patiently waiting for us to come home and for the efforts, all these for the love of my daughter. All the effort you put into this is PRICELESS.

Comments