Little Lady at Kumon

At five, Mikhaila could still not read and write properly. Yes, she recognizes numbers and letters but it was not enough and this hinders her from answering all questions in her school exams. 

So this summer, I searched for tutorial centers near my place. There are endless lists of good tutorial centers but it is really up to you to decide which will suit your kid and of course your budget.  After so much consideration, I decided to enroll her in Kumon to help her improve her writing and reading skills. I've heard about a lot of good feedback, and there are moms from Mikhaila's school who testified that Kumon really shows results.

Kumon has a lot of branches. You can google them to see if there are branches near your area. I paid P500 as a one time enrollment fee, and P2,000 for the Reading Subject. The rate for pre-shool is different from that of High School, and it is a per subject and a per month rate. Students have 10 sessions per month, which is twice or once a week based on your preferred schedule, and each students are given a one on one session for about 30-45 minutes depending on the lessons given that day. And each students are given worksheets to be done at home. 


A bag that's included upon enrollment

She learned how to do a time in and time out.


She was always excited to go to her class. 


And she enjoys doing her worksheets.

At the end of each lessons, she was always proud to show me her stars.

So far, Mikhaila already had 4 sessions, and I saw some improvement on her writing, not so much on reading though. I don't really want to put too much pressure on my daughter, I just want her to enjoy her studies, and leave all the worrying to me. Soon, I'll figure out more tactics to teach her how to read and write, I just have to believe in her and support her.

To all mommies out there, don't be too hard on your kids. Don't base your kids talent thru high grades and medals. I know that they are supposed to, or rather, we would want them to start young and excel at things at this point in time, but hey, each kid has a unique talent and there's what you call right timing and proper nurturing to let them develop these knowledge and skills. I understand that you feel bad or a little guilty because you're thinking you are doing it all wrong. Relax, breathe, and just simply let them learn at their own pace, have a lot patience, and soon enough, all your hardwork and support will definitely pay off.


Comments