Dear Little Lady #3 : Emotional Me

I tend to be emotional these days.  Okay okay, I honestly don't know if its just me, or everything around me is just not right. I guess if you are a single mom like me, and you think about every single thing, you'll always be bothered if things don't go your way.

Last night the rain was heavy, and I just couldn't let my daughter get wet, so I asked her Ate to fetch her with an umbrella. Instead, she came out of the house without any, when asked about it, she then told me that all the umbrella (including Mikay's ) went missing, ehem, all 5 umbrellas I bought.  And I discovered a lot more after that, and I began to get really mad.

Its all usual stuff that we moms get mad about, and its quite normal to raise our voices. But that's one thing I don't want Mikhaila to inherit or copy cause I know very well that she looks up to me as an example.


So  I figured I need to explain to my little lady as to why I was getting mad. She and I went inside our room, I asked her to sit infront of me and I started my explanation.

Me: Anak, I'm sorry for shouting. But I'm really mad. 
Mikhaila nods
Me: You know I worked hard to earn money to buy things
Nods again
Me: And it hurts me every time our things get broken or went missing.
Another nod.

Then I realized, all the nods I received from her is with a facial reaction full of sympathy. Her eyes was about to cry, her face so sad and that look she gave was as if she was feeling me. And so my eyes started to shed tears, and suddenly, Mikhaila hugged me and she began crying so loudly.  I kept saying sorry to her and she wouldn't stop. When I asked her why, she answered, " BECAUSE YOU ALWAYS DO GOOD FOR ME.". Then we both cried and hugged each other.



And a moment after that, I started  goofing around to ease the tension.

Comments