Sick Little Lady

Last January, Mikhaila started acting a little off. She was not her usual self, with  drowsy eyes, constant cough and she was less energetic. At first I thought it was just a fever, so I gave medicine to make her feel better, it worked, temporarily though. When she started complaining about the pain in her tummy and on her back , that's when I decided to bring her to the hospital and have her checked.



Sadly, a lot of tests had to be done on her, blood test, urinary test and in the end, she needed to be confined. I felt my heart stopped a bit.




I was crying each time a needle was put into her, if I could just take away the pain, I would have done it already. I could not bear to see my child this way.

Upon analyzing the results of her lab test, it seemed that she had a UTI. I asked the doctor why Mikhaila didn't feel any pain when peeing, she said that for kids the common symptom is abdominal pain. 


As a single mom who has no adult to guide or literate me on this, I really didn't know, so I usually rely on the internet. Below are the symptoms of UTI in children I found on the internet.  
  • pain or burning when urinating.
  • Urge to urinate frequently but usually passing only small amounts of urine.
  • Loss of bladder control, new bed-wetting, or other changes in urination habits.
  • Pain in the lower abdomen.
  • Reddish, pinkish, or cloudy urine.
  • Foul-smelling urine.
  • Pain in the flank, which is felt just below the rib cage and above the waist on one or both sides of the back.
Source:


Day by day, with the help of the doctor and nurses in the hospital, and with my tender loving care for this little lady, she began to feel normal and was back to her usual self in no time!

The three days we spent together in the hospital may have been given us both trauma and pain, but it was another mommy-daughter bonding for the both of us. The sleepless nights, getting sick together (I was also coughing and had asthma attack at night), and simply being together 24/7, made our bond tighter. Before we were discharged, she kissed me and told me " Thank you mommy for taking care of me, and for being the best doctor". And my heart melted. =)



Comments