Surprise Birthday Celebration for Boyfriend

Last Sunday was my boyfriend's birthday, and I really wanted to make his day extra special. I already had in mind what I wanted to give him as a gift, but of course, I really wanted to make extra effort on this, since it was the first time that he will celebrate his birthday with me as his girlfriend.

Knowing my boyfriend's addiction to his car, which he named ELMO, I knew that any gift that has anything to do with Elmo will always put a smile, that just any ordinary smile, but an extraordinary wide sparkling smile on his face.

Boyfie's next project on Elmo are carbon fiber trunk, hood and flares. Yeah I know, these words used to be alien to me, but thanks to him, I'm slowly picking up some info on cars, which is kind of interesting and weird at the same time. Anyway, going back to the main topic, I decided to give him a carbon fiber hood for his birthday.

Without having any idea on where to get it, the process of buying it, and what it looks like, I was really hesitant at first. But being vocal on his plans about his car, I was able to fish some information from him.

Facebook was really a great help, I created a group with two of his car group friends, asked them where to get a ready made carbon fiber hood and they were really very helpful. So one by one, I contacted the shops they suggested and eventually ended up ordering from Stage21 Body Kits. I told Stage 21 my plans, and they were very accommodating. Given the tight timelines, they were able to produce the hood the day before boyfie's birthday, which was just perfect!

I also knew that he really wanted to have birthday salubong with his friends. Poor guy, he invited his friends to join him, but they all declined giving him so many reasons. Little did he knew that I created another group and invited his close friends to join me to surprise him the night before his birthday.
They were very cooperative and active in the chat room, some gave suggestions as to how I can improve my plans, some offered to give me a hand to pick up the hood, and I was really touched by these gestures cause it felt as if they really wanted this plan to be a success for their friend.

And lastly, to make this surprise happen, I had to get approval from Boyfie's Mom to allow me to invite guests to their home. I told her my plans and she was as excited as I was and even included Boyfie's Sissy on the plan.

The Day Before Boyfie's Birthday

It was a lucky day because it was declared a holiday in Pasig, that means, I have ample time to prepare for the surprise. It was really hard cause Boyfie was constantly checking up on me, and to get him off my tail, I told him that I was not feeling well and I wanted to rest.

So while he thought I was sleeping, I was actually doing all these:

- Picked up the hood I ordered.


- Went to his car group friend to personally invite them
- Went to his parents' hardware shop to join his mom and ordered food for the night
- Accompanied his mom to buy him a gift
- Grab a birthday cake

- Bought balloons and ribbons

- Printed out our photos


So yeah, I felt like a wonderwoman that night. Harhar.

The Plan

I had to convince him to  stay at home until 9:30 pm cause I told his friends to be at his house by 9:00pm. So I made up an alibi that we would watch a last full show at 10pm.

I was unaware of boyfie's whereabouts since I pretended that I was sleeping the whole afternoon. And so when I told him that I was on my way and even told him where exactly I was or rather where I pretended I was, it turned out he was actually a street away from the place I told him I was. Oh no, liar alert. It seemed that he was waiting for me at the gate of the subdivision. Okay. I panicked. My heart stopped. So I thought, he cant be there, he would know that I came from the opposite direction and this would give him an idea that I didn't come from home. And so, I kind of drove slowly, reasoned out lamely, and ended up with a fight cause it was very obvious to him that I was lying. But I managed to escape by telling him that I took so long cause I bought for him a cake. Half Lie, Half Truth.

Poor Boyfie, it really broke my heart to make him feel as if I didn't care a bit about his birthday, no plans, no extra something, just an ordinary day. And so, I pretended that I wanted to watch a movie, last full show that is. Just enough time for me to make him stay in the house. And thanks to his mom, the house was really gloomy and dark, and it made him feel bad. Aw what a pity.

The Surprise
At around quarter to eight, while we were having dinner, his friends kept texting me,  telling me that they were outside already. And so, I signaled his sister to fetch them and led them to the billiard room. Luckily, his dad was keeping him busy with the vape thing, we took this to our advantage and came out from the door with a cake lighted with candle as sang the birthday song. He was sitting on the  sofa, smiling and was just looking at us, waiting for us to finish our song.

The smile on his face was priceless!



We then talked about the plans we made over dinner. Took lot of pictures. Had him blew his birthday candle.



But wait, there's more. After everyone has settled, and when I realized that boyfie was busy entertaining his guests, I hurried myself upstairs to prepare another surprise.



I hang balloons on the ceiling with our photographs attached to the strings, put sticky notes on the door, mirror and the wall with sweet messages, I knew he'd be too drunk to notice. I really wanted him to feel special and loved on this actual birthday. And goal achieved!


Happy birthday Babe! I hope you enjoyed the suprises!

P.S. Click here to watch the video I made for him.






Comments