Mommy's Little Chef



It seems just like yesterday that I was blogging about how I gave birth to my beautiful daughter, Mikhaila Cassandra. Oh well, can you imagine how fast she has grown? In fact, she is now in her Nursery in The Eastbridge School located in Rodriguez Rizal. I definitely have a lot of back tracking to do, and please bear with me if I will be blogging more about past happenings in my simple mommy life.

Mid last year, The Eastbridge School hosted a Nutrition Month wherein parents were encouraged to provide fruits and vegetables to their kids as snacks in school. They also had this activity in which children were asked to dress up as little chefs. 

So here's Mommy's little Miss Chef. 




This was Mikhaila's first activity in school and this was also my first to attend to an event such as this. The teachers ask the kids to sit down while waiting for their turns to have their photo taken. It was really surprising to see the kids well behaved and patiently waited for their teacher's instructions. Kudos to the teachers for establishing a sense of authority to the kids. Its hard enough to discipline a kid, what more a bunch of them.


Right after picture taking, parents were asked to position themselves infront of the stage to have a clearer view of their kids. The kids prepared a dance number for us, and yes, we did not see that coming. Seeing my daughter perform for the first time infront of a crowd has left me speechless. This might be a little crazy but I wanted to cry, laugh, and smile all at the same time.  I am sure I was not the only person feeling so proud that day.






After the dance performance, parents were asked to assist their kids into the pizza making areas.  For me, Mikhaila will always be a baby and I'm always ready to do things for her. But this time around, I was just an observer and her cheerleader. I wanted her to be independent and trusted her to do everything by herself. I only assisted here from time to time when I felt she need some assistance. 



After topping all the ingredients on her "pizza bread", I helped her heat it up in the oven and..

Tadaaa..
Pizza ala Mikhaila!


Of course, the day will not end without a picture of me and my little chef.
I am so proud of you anak, whatever your accomplishments maybe, I will always be your number one fan!

Comments

  1. Hi there! I saw that she is studying in Eastbridge here in Rodriguez, Rizal. I am planning to transfer my children there this coming school year. Is the school OK? Are they following the multiple intelligence program? Your reply will be appreciated. I really need some reviews about that school. Thank you! Your daughter looks so cute in her little chef outfit. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Sandra, I highly recommend the school. Yes, they follow multiple intelligence program, and they have different activities that highlights the potential of each kids. In terms of school curriculum, they are very advance. See you this school year.

      Delete

Post a Comment