Special Delivery..

The moment of truth..

It was March 27, 2012, 12noon when i visited my obgyne. She checked if i was ready to give birth but to our  disappointment, I wasn't. My baby doesn't want to come out, we thought she was enjoying herself inside my tummy but I'm way overdue.

So, it was decided that I'll give birth by inducement. Well, as i understand it correctly, labour by inducement means one has to be given something through injections to trigger labour pains. 

I was confined in Commonwealth Hospital by 6pm, and I was really scared. It was my first time to be confined and everything was so new to me. And what made is worst is that Melvs kept scaring me with all these crazy stuff.

We waited for someone to assist us to our room, and to my surprised, the nurse came with a wheelchair. Oh my, do i really need that? After all, i feel just fine. But, of course, I was obliged to sit. It felt really weird.

I thought we were heading to our room but we weren't. Instead, we were assisted in the Operating Room. That was when my heart beat so fast, everything was sinking in. Melvs helped me change into hospital robe, and I was in tears when they told me that he wasn't allowed inside the Operating Room. I really wanted to experience this with him because i know we were in this together.

As i entered the gloomy room, i felt a chill on my body. I just wanted to disappear. If only things could be fast forwarded, I would have done that. But i thought to myself, I needed to to be strong and that these moments are to be cherished. 

As i was put into bed, nurses started to come, they were all over me, injecting me with stuffs, putting gadgets on my body, I felt so harassed. But it was standard procedure, so I cant complain. 

The gadget was used to monitor my baby's heartbeat, and it was really noisy. Well, the room was quiet and that was the only sound i heard. My baby kept moving, I guessed she was feeling scared just like her mommy. I was starting to feel the pain and I was sweating terribly, all I could do was to breathe harder. To worsen things, the nurse incharge of me kept asking questions, asking me to sign this, thumbmark here..blah..blah..blah.. and with all the pain I was feeling, I wanted to tell her " Can you just please ask the father, he is not even doing anything, just sitting and watching TV?" . NAh, i did not tell her that, it would be mean to do so. *Sigh* Why do moms experience all the pain while dad just sits comfortably and wait?

I felt the most painful contractions and I couldn't lay down straight. It was like wanting to poop (sorry for the term =)), and having dysmenorrhea at the same time, but only a hundred times more painful. Despite all the pain, I was happy becauseI thought I was giving birth through normal delivery. But, Ate Mich (my sister in law) aka my obgyne, started to get worried. MY baby's heart beat was getting high, and I had to be cut open.. meaning CEASARIAN!!! NOOOOoooooo!!!!!

I was rushed to another room, and I was  panicking. Still traumatized with the pain, I did what exactly was told to me. The room was cold, and the lights were so bright. The nurses started to clean my stomach. I was asked to lay down on my side, and a big guy helped me curled up like a fetus while anesthesia was injected to my spine. I was in tears, cold and shaken, I felt so helpless. They put a gadget that monitors my heart beat on my left arms, and strapped both my arms tightly. My lower body started to get so numb I couldn't feel anything. My anesthesiologist was telling me a lot of stuff, which I couldn't remember clearly. I felt like my heart was coming out of my chest, I was grasping for air,and my arms were so tired and painful. 

After what seems to be forever, my anesthesiologist told me to breathe normally when I feel a pressure on my chest because it meant that they'll be taking my baby out of the body.

Finally...

I heard my baby cry.. Her voice was so soft and feminine. It immediately put a smile on my face. Her Pedia was kind enough to let my daughter kiss me on the nose.And it was such a relieve to see such an angelic face after all the trauma I've been through..


That was the last thing i remembered as i was put into a deep sleep..
Im glad its over..
And now.... I'm a certified Mommy!!!




Comments